Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thrifted Treasures and Happy Fourth of July!!!


These were the treasures I bought for the store.

My favorite is the enamelware table with the little drawer,
I bought 2 of them.
I'm thinking how cute would that be
 to put the two of them back to back
and make a cute kitchen table,
with a drawer on each side...
I've got to try I'll let you know how it turns out!!!


the little book is from the 20's on manners
and child rearing..

One example is Mom asked her little boy
to get her lettuce from the garden
his reply is it's too hot
Father hears the little boys reply
and picks him up and dips him in the
watering tub and drip drip drip
the little boy gets the lettuce
brings it to Mother and
drip drip drip up the stairs to
change his clothes
without saying a word
because
there is nothing to be said....

I might read a little more.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, Happy 4th to you and your family

    Cute little story, that's the way things once were, no messing around.

    The little enamel tables are cute, that sounds like a great idea. We had one when I was little, my mother would let us draw on it with our pencils and then it could be (hmmm, either erased or wiped off with cloth - I can't remember) It sure was fun. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up the kitchen table was enamel, with a drawer. As we all married and left home each of us kids took that old kitchen table, using it until we found our own 'style'. Now the table is back with Mum and Dad. Thanks for bringing back that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab finds the book is intriguing!!!! i hope your feeling alright as i seen your earlier post thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Only if life was still so simple! Now a days we'd be probably in trouble for child abuse! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy 4th!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI - i am fascinated - what are those little rectangular plates - melamine? bottom RHS of tablke?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July. Your thrifted treasures look fantastic

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your generous comments chez moi! I love these enamel top tables but have never managed to sell one! never understood that... hope your '4th' was fun; Bastille Day here soon lots of fireworks and fun too; linda x

    ReplyDelete