Saturday, April 24, 2010

A little Good with the Bad...

Friday late afternoon my Mom and I left for Anchorage.
I was soooo excited .
No kids, no Hubby and no George!
we went out to a lovely dinner
in celebration of my sisters Birthday!!!
did a little thrifting after dinner.
then went back to my sisters for the night.
So this morning we woke up
stopped at atm
coffee
shopping/thrifting
everything was great
I can't wait to show you all
my wonderful finds.
when there it was
a garage sale
One of those that you've pulled in
and immediately
you want to leave.
my sister and I get out
and get back in
the truck
Junk I say
is it clear behind I ask the Birthday girl.
YEP SHE SAY'S
crash...
45 minutes waiting with the cops
because it was in
an apartment complex
they didn't know where the car owner lived
Blah blah blah
I lost 2 points off my license
for 4 years
$85 ticket for reckless
driving.
The owner of the vehicle
walks out
OH my poor car!!

This took the wind right out of my HAPPY sails
until the next thrift store where I found this...
A crazy style throw all done out of polyester clothes !
I loved it
I don't know why..
It ended my Mommy Day perfectly
and I was greeted back home
a little more appreciated as always!
I spent $85
and wait till you see what I got for it.
will post my treasures soon!

8 comments:

  1. Oh poor you!! Lovely to hear there was a happy ending to your day. Can't wait to see what other goodies you discovered. Love your little blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about the bingle...great blanket though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your finds .... and as long as everyone was ok I would not worry too much about the other stuff ... shit happens !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfectly put, I mean look at that throw and how fabulous I could look with That throw sewn back into a pair of pants!!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just make me laugh so much, Heidi! That sounds so familiar (the garage sale and the crash). Sorry about the damage to your driving record - that hurts! But, like you say, another good garage sale heals things up a lot! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Heidi! I'm so sorry about the crash. That will definitely put a damper on an otherwise fun day.

    I'm glad you found some wonderful goodies though.

    Who knows...you might win the goodies in my giveaway, as well!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make lemonade out of lemons, and a fabulous quilt our of polyester shirts :)

    No harm no foul. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete